Time Code Converter
Click Image to Enlarge
The ES-223 is a Time Code Converter / Generator. The unit is specifically designed for a PSAP (Public Safety Answering Point) as a Master Clock (when driven from a "Legally Traceable" time source) and is capable of "Time Synchronizing" all components of a PSAP.
The unit receives a source of ESE Time Code (TC90) from a separate Master Clock and generates several types of time code - IRIG-B, IRIG-E, RS232C (both "Broadcast" and "Query" ports provided) and a 1PPS signal. These outputs allow the ES-223 to synchronize and easily interface with equipment such as CAD, ANI / ALI Controllers, Voice Recorders and Radio Consoles that meet NENA Standards. The ES-223 can also synchronize computers and other digital / analog clock systems.
Software is also supplied with the ES-223 permitting the user to continuously update a computer's DOS or Windows clock to the GPS time available on the "Broadcast" RS-232C output.
- Receives ESE Time Code™
- IRIG-B & IRIG-E outputs
- RS-232C outputs (Broadcast & Query)
- RS-485 Broadcast output
- UL Approved power supply
- IRIG Codes are switchable between Modulated and TTL
- Rugged Rack Mount enclosure
- "Time Lock" & "Time Sync" indicators
- Simple operation & installation
- 220-240 VAC (110-120 VAC is standard) & UL options available
- 1 PPS output
- Time Zone offset
- Provides the Time Code outputs as recommended in the NENA-04-002 Standard
- Digital, Video & Analog slave clocks available
- Loss of Power & Loss of Time Sync relay outputs
- Loss of Time Code Input signal output