PTP Referenced Master Clock/Time Code Generator/NTP Server
Click Image to Enlarge
The ES-188F/PTP is a PTP Referenced Master Clock / Time Code Generator / NTP Server. It displays nine digits (Day of Year, Hour, Minute & Second) of time as received via a user selected IEEE-1588 PTP GrandMaster. Simultaneously, the ES-188F/PTP generates several types of time code including SMPTE/EBU LTC, ESE-TC90/TC89, ASCII (RS-232C & USB), IRIG-B and a 1PPS signal. These outputs allow the ES-188F/PTP to easily interface with new or existing computers, automation and clock systems. The NTP Server function allows NTP synced equipment to be synchronized from the PTP source.
Software supplied with the ES-188F/PTP permits users to continuously update a computer's Windows' clock to the time available on the USB port. Other features allow the user to select SMPTE mode (DF, NDF, EBU & Real Time), offset the Time Zone displayed and output by the ES-188F/PTP and advance or delay the time output for various synchronizing purposes.
A user may find the ES-188F/PTP particularly beneficial if: 1) The user has trouble getting a reliable GPS Signal into a facility, such as a basement or a building with metallic coating on the windows; 2) The user has trouble getting an antenna to the outside of a facility, because the cable run will be too expensive or the facility cannot be modified, which is the case with many historical buildings or 3) A facility needs to be time synchronized to a remote location through PTP, for example, universities with multiple campuses or NPR affiliate stations.
- SMPTE-LTC/EBU, ESE, IRIG-B, ASCII (RS-232 & USB) Time Code Outputs
- IEEE-1588 PTP Client/NTP Server Port (RJ-45, IPv6)
- NTP Server/Config Port (RJ-45, IPv6)
- Supports Authentication
- 10 MHz Output
- Universal Power Supply (90-264 VAC)
- Optional Programmable Frequency Outputs (2) - Option FREQ
- Optional Rubidium Oscillator - Option Rb
- 1 PPS (Pulse-Per-Second) Output
- Front Panel Nine Digit .56" Yellow LED Display
- Automatic Daylight Saving Time Correction
- Time Zone Offset
- +/- 10 Second Offset
- Configuration via RS-232, USB or Embedded Web Page (Secure & Normal)
- PC Control Panel Software Included
- Coin-Cell Time Backup
- PTP Lock LED Indicator & TTL Output
- 1.75" Rackmount Enclosure